So my son, Joe, is in 3rd grade this year and used to beg me to let him type his spelling tests on the computer. That went fine until he realized that the red squiggly line under his misspelled word meant he needed to try again. It sort of tipped him off!
So we banned him from taking his tests on the computer.
Fast forward to this week. He had a new list of 10 spelling words all with the -tch ending. Our routine is Monday he writes them 3 times each, Tuesday he write a sentence with each word, Wednesday he writes them 5 times each, Thursday is his pre-test, and Friday is his test.
He begged me on Monday to allow him to type his new words on the computer and figuring he couldn't cheat (unless he tried to copy and paste), I said "yes." So I started working with Jake and Jesse and pretty soon I heard this, "Oh no....oh, no!" from Joe. I looked over and saw that there were multiple text boxes and spelling words everywhere! I asked him what happened, and he said, "I don't know!" I asked him if he had tried to copy and paste and he hung his head and whispered "yes." I chuckled under my breath, deleted the other text boxes and then told him to finish up the right way. I guess he accidentally c&p the whole text box instead of just the spelling word!
Tech-savvy kids...gotta stay one step ahead of them and sometimes it's not very easy!
~ Marcia ~
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ROFL, Marcia. That is TOO HILARIOUS! Sometimes our kids surprise us...hehehe. We cannot help but love them, right?
Post a Comment