Monday, March 16, 2009

The Evangelism Linebacker

I first saw this awesome video at a Dare 2 Share event two years ago. I laughed so hard that I cried. I cried because it was hilarious, but I also cried because I knew I was one of the fearful ones. Here...watch it and see if you see yourself in it anywhere.



So we are getting ready to take another group of teens to Dare 2 Share in about 2 weeks and Jason showed this video on Sunday at church to get some sponsors for some teens who need financial help and for people to help supply snacks and drinks. Everyone laughed really hard.

Dare 2 Share is a student weekend conference that features drama, powerful worship, Biblical sessions, hands-on evangelism training, games and an afternoon outreach experience. Students learn to share their faith with friends and strangers using the acrostic G.O.S.P.E.L.

G - God created us to be with Him. (Genesis 1-2)
O - Our sin separated us from God. (Genesis 3)
S - Sins cannot be removed by good deeds. (Genesis 3 - Malachi)
P - Paying the price for sin, Jesus died and rose again. (Matthew - Luke)
E - Everyone who trusts in Him alone has eternal life. (John - Jude)
L - Life that's eternal means we will be with Jesus forever. (Revelation 22:5)

My 3 boys get such a kick out of this video too! After Jacob finished his schoolwork, he came upstairs and found a football jersey and started running through the house yelling, "Woooooo! I'm gonna BLOW YOU UP! Git off da flo and go do to do!" I was laughing all over again! I wish I had gotten a picture with him in his eye-black. Too funny!

Through this, I was exhorted to pray for my boys to receive the spirit of boldness to share the Good News with everyone they know. And I am excited for them to experience the unique experience of Dare 2 Share for themselves when they enter high school.


If you are ever given the opportunity to help chaperon a group of teens attending this conference, it will challenge, bless, and electrify you too! Do it!


Blessings,
~ Marcia ~

No comments: