Thursday, April 10, 2008

Nine years ago today...


Nine years ago today I gave birth to my first precious son, Joseph. What an amazing thing to hold this precious 7lb 2oz gift from the Lord!


My heart is full as I think back to that day. Joseph's birth was not an easy one. Looking back on it, there is no doubt in my mind that the Lord's hand was in every detail. I was clueless that there were indications that Joseph
needed to be born. He placed very special people in our lives and spoke things into their hearts concerning me and this child. They acted with obedience and I know that we are both here because of how the Lord intervened.

Nine years later, I have a growing boy on the brink of adolescence who loves loud Christian music, riding his bike, and carbohydrates! His heart is burdened for his friends in our neighborhood who do not know about the Good News of the love of Jesus Christ. He is a very gifted drummer and plays with such intensity and joy that there is no question that this gift is from his heavenly Father.


As his mother, my deepest desire is that he will choose to make heaven his home and to see others as his heavenly Father sees them. I am praying that the Lord will give me and his father wisdom to know how to listen to him, guide him, and encourage his tender heart.


Thank you, Lord, for the gift of Joseph. I am overwhelmed when I think that You chose me to be his mother. I feel so unqualified most of the time, but I thank You and praise You for being my strength and my shelter. May I be a living example of your forgiveness and your grace as I walk this journey of motherhood. I love you, Jesus!


Psalm 139:1-6, 13-18
1
O Lord, you have examined my heart
and know everything about me.
2 You know when I sit down or stand up.
You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
3 You see me when I travel
and when I rest at home.
You know everything I do.
4 You know what I am going to say
even before I say it, Lord.
5 You go before me and follow me.
You place your hand of blessing on my head.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too great for me to understand!
13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.
17 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
They cannot be numbered!
18 I can’t even count them;
they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
you are still with me!


~ Marcia ~

1 comment:

Roo said...

Happy Birthday, Joe! I cannot believe you are 9 already! Where does the time go. Marcia, I don't think I have heard Joe's birth story. You will have ot share w/ me sometime! :-)