Things have been a bit busy lately and I have had very little time to blog but I will try to update. We went camping the whole week before Memorial Day and we had a great time.
We were at Watkins Woolen Mill State Park and it is a very nice park. The weather was great for the first few days and I thoroughly enjoyed sitting and reading my book as the breeze blew and the birds chirped. It was wonderful. Now that Jesse is four years old, I could tell that we had somehow turned a corner in our parenting journey. It was so much easier this year! But alas, the rains came! We survived, but not without wet blankets and a couple trips to a local laundromat and a McDonald's playplace. I know...we cheated, but it had to happen so we could keep our sanity. Jason and I came to the conclusion that 8 days of tent camping is a bit much. We ditched our 10 year old leaky tent and are praying for the opportunity to either rent or purchase a used pop-up tent trailer for next year.
So we came home and hit the ground running...it's the story of our lives.
We have officially finished school!!! Praise the Lord! Joe is finished with 3rd grade and Jake has finished Kindergarten. Wow! It hardly seems possible. I'm already looking ahead to next year. Jesse will start K in the fall so I will actually be home schooling all three boys. It is a surreal moment for me, really. I remember thinking about it years ago and it seeming so incredibly far away...not to mention impossible. And here it is. Only by God's grace and with the support of my husband am I able to move forward in this adventure. I am very excited!
Thank you, Lord for the freedom to teach my children at home.
On a sobering note, our youth pastor at church was involved in a car accident on her way to work Tuesday. Small truck vs. dump truck! Praise God she was ok. The pictures are difficult to look at as you realize that any passenger could not have survived, and yet on the driver's side, there is a cocoon in which the Lord cradled T and kept her safe. She has injuries, but by the grace of God and for His glory, she is ok. Praise You, Jesus, and may all who see her truck stand amazed and give you glory for Your protection.
I guess that gives the general update from here.
Blessings,
~ Marcia ~
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment