Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

Today my dad turns 60! I wish I were there in California to celebrate with him. But alas, I am here in the Midwest sending him birthday wishes by cell phone, by text message, by e-mail, and by blog! So please bear with me as I wish my Daddy a very Happy 60th Birthday.


Daddy, I want to say thank you for so many things. Too many too list! But here are just a few of the wonderful memories I have of you.

Thank you for...
  • Waving to me from your office window when we would come to pick you up from work
  • Dancing with me while I stood on your feet
  • The old fashioned donuts on Saturday mornings
  • Taking K and me to all those awesome parks you spied out while driving for work during the week so that Mom could have some time to sleep in
  • Sending me to a great Christian school
  • Helping me with my student council campaign
  • Turning down the volume for every bad word in the movie "Back to the Future" so we could watch it
  • Being a support to Mom while we were homeschooled
  • Taking me to all those baseball games
  • Letting me play with your baseball cards
  • Waiting at church for me because we got back from an activity LATE
  • Accepting our friends as Daughters #3, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc.
  • Being Dad and Mom to all the CABA high schoolers
  • Teaching me to appreciate the game of golf
  • Giving your blessing for Jason to ask me to marry him
  • Giving me the most beautiful wedding ever
  • Letting go so I could follow my heart and my husband to the Midwest
  • Making it possible for mom to come out after the birth of our boys...all 3 times!!!
  • Flying us all home to visit so many times!
  • Allowing mom to talk on the phone with me for HOURS at a time
  • Praying and supporting Jason and I in our marriage and our ministry
  • Giving me such a rich spiritual heritage...for this is priceless and it means the world to me
I love you, Daddy! Happy, happy, happy birthday!


And just to make everyone smile and perhaps tear up...one of my favorite YouTube videos:



Blessings,
~ Marcia ~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marcia,

Thanks for visiting my blog. I thought I'd come over to yours for a visit. What a powerful way to honor your dad. I can't think of a better present!

Jill