Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Recipe Swap - Chocolate Peanut Treats

Here's another quick summer recipe that we really like from Quick Cooking magazine. You just cannot beat peanut butter and chocolate!

Chocolate Peanut Treats

3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12 squares)
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter (we like smooth)
1 cup (6oz.) semisweet chocolate chips

In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Stir in sugar and peanut butter. Press into a greased 8" square pan. In a microwave or double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer. Chill for 30 minutes; cut into squares. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes longer. Store in the refrigerator.

Enjoy!!!

Blessings,
~ Marcia ~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marcia,

This recipe looks fabulous! I'm a big peanut butter/chocolate fan! I'm trying to lose weight for my son's wedding in three weeks, but you can be sure, I'll be trying this one after the wedding!