Monday, September 1, 2008

It worked, it worked!

Joseph's shelf of books!


The cookies must have worked! Around 2:00pm, our books arrived. I sent Jacob out to give the FedEx man the cookies, and he was surprised to say the least. I told him, "Thank you for bringing our school books," and he seemed very shocked but very grateful.

Jake and I carried (ok, so I sort of grunted and shoved the heaviest box) the boxes inside and and Jake ran through the house screaming, "The books are here! It's BOX DAY!!!" Everyone, including Nana and Papa were very excited.

Jason took the heavy box downstairs so we opened our boxes in Nana and Papa's apartment. It was a lot of fun! The boys just seemed so thrilled with their new books. Thank you Sonlight! I never thought my boys would get so excited about BOOKS!





As mom, I saw my big binders and my IGs (instructor's guides) and thought of all the prep work I had to do! Ugh! But I did get it all put together and ready by Sunday evening. I still felt a little overwhelmed.

So TODAY (yes, I know it was Labor Day) was our first day of full-schedule-school. It went very well, although there were a few moments when I struggled to keep Jesse busy while I was working with Jacob. Thankfully, Jason stepped in and worked with Jesse so he didn't get too frustrated. Also, I am pleased to report that Joseph did a WONDERFUL job staying on task and accomplishing his checklist today. So I am happy to say I was very pleased with our day! Thank you, Jesus!

Now to focus on Day 2. *smile*

Blessings,
~ Marcia ~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute!! lCongratulations on your first day of school!! So proud of you!! Mom

Anonymous said...

I want to know more about the CASTLE that the box makes into!!!Love You Hon, Dad

Anonymous said...

I LOVE BOX DAY! Sonlight box day is the best because there is so much to look at and drool over!

LindaI from womens place.

Luke Holzmann said...

Congratulations on Box Day!

I just found your blog, so I'm sorry this is a week late. Look forward to reading about your adventures. May this be the best year yet!

~Luke