Thank you, Jesus, for taking care of by baby! What more can I say? I love you with all of my heart, JesusI know, I know... it has been for-ev-er since I made a blog entry. Yes, we have been VERY busy, but to be completely and painfully honest, I have been having a lot of fun on the WEBKINZ website. Yes, I enjoy playing in the arcade and earning kinzcash and sending gifts and sweet messages to my boys. So there...the truth comes out.
But there has been other things going on. Like "Miracle #1"! My parents called back in October to ask if it would be okay if they came out and spent Thanksgiving with us.
*Marcia spits coffee* ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? OF COURSE IT'S OKAY!!!
So with about 4 weeks notice, we began preparing my folks' visit. It was absolutely wonderful! It felt like we had never even been apart for a year. Mom and I just sat and talked and enjoyed our time together. My dad had a lot of fun visiting some local historical sites with his TomTom. We all went and had delicious Korean food. Yummy! And we just kept hugging and saying how good it is to see each other. What a wonderful blessing! Thank you, Daddy!
While mom and dad were here, we experienced "Miracle #2". Last Saturday evening, the boys were restless and since it was too cold to go play outside, they were running off their energy up and down the stairs. Well, when that got old, they began running back and forth in the kitchen from the fridge to the pantry closet door while grandma counted how many times they had gone back and forth. *FUN* Well, as they were banging into things over and over, I glanced and saw, out of the corner of my eye, that the hutch on my china cabinet was falling. I screamed as I saw Jesse start running back across the kitchen, right in front of the china cabinet. Even though everything went in slow motion, I can't remember exactly what happened! All I know is Jesse was knocked back onto his bottom and as I got to him and I immediately grabbed him and plulled him to me. He was crying hard. The china hutch crashed to the floor, landing completely upside down, and glass and china went EVERYWHERE. Only by the grace of God, Jesse was not crushed by the hutch!
Jesse's knee was badly bruised and he could not walk so Jason and I took him into the ER. After x-rays of his knee and skull (since he also had a small goose-egg on his forhead), the ER doctor thought he had escaped major injury. There was one small line on the knee x-ray which the radiologist thought *might* indicate a fracture, but as the doctor felt his knee, there was no tenderness in that area, so he felt he was most likely ok. We left with instructions for ice, ibuprofen, and rest. He was unable to bear weight on that knee until Monday. He has steadily improved over the week so we have been pleased. We were not told to follow up with our pediatrician unless things got worse. I think we may call early next week though because he is still limping a bit and I think I would feel better knowing it's really okay. In any case, he is a walking miracle...literally! I am so thankful that the Lord was with him. Even as I type this entry, I feel overcome with emotion and gratefullness. God is so good...all the time!
If it were know obvious before, it is certainly obvious now! Each of our boys have been given special miracles. Joseph's birth itself was a miracle. Jacob's near drowning was a miracle. Jesse's china cabinet incident is a miracle. I can only imagine how many more miracles I have NOT seen, but I'm okay with that for now. I'm not sure how many more I can emotionally handle!
Thank you, Jesus, for keeping Jesse safe. Thank you for all of the miracles that I do not see. I love you, Lord!
Blessings,
~ Marcia ~
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment