Monday, January 5, 2009

A Family Day

We decided to have a family day today (as if everyday around here isn't a family day!). As Jason, Jesse, and I get ready to head back to K.C., Jason and I thought it would be fun for us all to do something special together as a family. We thought about bowling, but I don't think that is really good for Jesse's knee right now. So we are all going to go to the movies and see The Tale of Despereaux. Plugged In Online gave it a good family review, and I think the boys will enjoy it. Even Nana and Papa are coming along!

At church yesterday, our wonderful church family gathered around us and we prayed for Jesse. It was a very special time knowing that he will be covered in prayer as we begin this journey. He continues to be okay with the whole thing. We looked at the online picture book about "My Surgery" at the hospital website and showed Nana the video tour. He is very excited about sleeping on a bed that goes up and down with the push of a button. *smile* He asked to see a picture of a walker so Jason looked online and showed him some pictures of pediatric walkers and he thought they were very cool. He talked about the cocoon that will be on his knee - he was referring to his knee brace! I am so proud of him! He is certainly handling it like a big boy. After his initial tears he has just moved on very matter of factly about it all and I am very proud of him.

Tomorrow we are off on this new adventure! Please keep Jesse in your prayers.

Blessings,
~ Marcia ~

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Marcia, I am your cousin Joel's wife, and I hope that everything goes well with the surgery! We are only a few hours away, so if you need anything, just email, sarahwhittington7 at gmail. We will both be praying for you all!

Marcia said...

Thank you, Sarah! An e-mail is on the way!

Anonymous said...

Marcia,
I am sorry to hear that Jesse was hurt. He is a sweet boy. It sounds like he is being very brave and sees it as an adventure. Your family will be in our prayers. If you need anything please let us know. The Lord knows you have been here for us. You are very blessed to have family close to help out. How are the other boys dealing with this?
Well, we love you guys and will pray for you.
God bless,
Denise H

Anonymous said...

Just checking in hoping to hear an update soon. ((HUGS))

Kathie