Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome to 2009!

It's been a quiet day and to pass the time I've been visiting a few different blogs today. One of my favorites was Karen Ehman's blog. And I think that I am going to "adopt" her new year's resolution. Karen shared that she would like to worry less and pray more and my heart truly resonated with that.

As we start out 2009 with surgery for our youngest son, I feel like it would be easy for me to slip into the habit of worrying about what will happen next week and in the weeks to come, but with the Lord's help, I am resisting falling into that temptation.

And as far as praying more, I am going to using my journal as a prayer journal this year. I am praying that the Lord will grow the desire in my heart to talk to Him. I also made a prayer scrapbook for my husband for Christmas and he is really using it and I am thinking about making one for myself. So we'll see.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. -Philippians 4:6

So how is Jesus speaking to your heart today? I'd love to hear what you desire in your relationship with the Lord for this year.

Blessings in 2009!
~ Marcia ~

2 comments:

Luke Holzmann said...

Happy New Year!

~Luke

Marcia said...

Thanks for stopping by, Luke! Happy New Year to you as well. And may the Lord expedite your adoption process.

Blessings,
Marcia