Friday, March 6, 2009

Blog significance

It has been a couple weeks since I have made a blog entry. I have wandered over to my dashboard and stared at the page for a while trying to come up with something significant to blog about. Each time I would get a nagging feeling that I didn't have anything important enough to blog about. So I would move on and blog nothing.

So today I decided to ignore the nagging feeling and just BLOG! Who cares if it's not as cool as other blogs out there. Who am I competing with? I really only do this to keep family and friends informed of what is going on in our lives and if I don't blog, then how will they know that kind of stuff? So here I am choosing to blog about WHATEVER without the promise of a significant point to all my jabbering. Enjoy...or not.

Jesse's cast is off, and physical therapy has begun. He is doing really great and we are really proud of him! He is now at a 60 degree open bend so he is cruising right along.

Jake will turn 7 next Saturday. Wow! Hard to believe for sure. He is all about drawing books (still learning to write lots of words!) and he has BIG PLANS for his future which include making movies. What an imagination he has! He draws picture constantly and I have seen such amazing perspective through his drawings. It is wild because I am so not artistic and his thinking is already beyond me! We are considering buying him a case of paper for his birthday.

Seriously though...how do you encourage this artistic side, yet temper this with his tendency to waste paper without concern for the many trees he is exploiting?

Joe continues to g...r...O...W! He will be passing me up very soon. Ack! He is definitely becoming a young man and I am excited but also a bit sad about it. My first baby. It sure made my day when we finished reading his history today that he came up and voluntarily gave me a hug and said, "Thanks for being my mom and for teaching me." *sniff* Those tender moments are so very precious as you watch them grow up.

I guess that is about it for now. And now that I look back over all of it, it IS significant. Every moment of it is significant.

Thank You, Lord, for giving my life significance.


Blessings,
~ Marcia ~

4 comments:

Autumn said...

It does seem that they grow up way too fast. I have discovered that time goes much more quickly now that I've entered motherhood.

Sarah said...

Jake and I are birthday buddies! I will be thinking of him when I blow out my candles!

Marcia said...

Yes, Autumn, it really does! I haven't figured out how or why, but it certainly does!!! Wahhhh!

Sarah! Happy (early) Birthday! That is pretty awesome. Hope you have a wonderful time celebrating! :o)

Anonymous said...

So I just found out you have a blog! I am so glad to find another way to connect with you. I have thought about starting a blog too and have thought the same things; that no one would want to read about my normal, boring life. But you are inspiring me to get on the ball and maybe start one. Thanks for sharing about your precious family!