Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The challenge of scripture memory

I have been attending our Monday night ladies Bible study and we have one week left of our Beth Moore Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman study. I have been very encouraged and convicted every week through this study and I am going to really miss it when it is over. *sniff*

At the end of February, I was perusing Beth's site Living Proof Ministries and navigated over to Beth's blog and began reading current and past blog entries. What encouraging words! I was challenged by an entry about Bible verse memory. So I decided right then to join her Bible verse memory challenge and I just wanted to share my verse for March 15-31. We are to choose a verse that the Lord has laid on our hearts. Well, Monday was not a bad day, but as I was preparing to leave for Bible study, Jason asked me to do something and all of a sudden I got defensive and angry because of the way he asked. I attacked him verbally. So after I did what he asked, I was in the bathroom straightening my hair when the words "be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry" ran through my mind. Ugh! I knew at that moment that James 1:19, 20 were the verses for me this session.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires."

*sigh* Nothing like a 2x4 from God, huh? So that is what I am memorizing and I know that I desperately need the Word of God in my life! I am excited by this challenge.

Wanna join me? Click here!

Blessings,
~ Marcia ~

No comments: