Monday, April 13, 2009

How does life get so crazy, so fast?

The past 3 weeks have been an absolute blur! I think I have just kicked into survival mode and am glad to be on the other side. I will try to hit the highlights here:

  • We celebrated International Night with our homeschool group. That was a lot of fun! We chose to represent South Korea so we made Yaki Mandu, a Korean-style fried wonton stuffed with hamburger, bean sprouts, soy sauce, and garlic (yummy!), Korean spinich, kimchi, and oi (oh-ee) kimchi. Joey made a powerpoint presentation on Korean culture, Jacob shared that the capital of South Korea is Soeal, and Jesse pointed to South Korea on the map. We also visited France, Greece, Germany, Japan, Canada, Spain, and Russia and had our passports stamped. It was a great night!

  • Dare 2 Share Student Conference in St. Louis was the last weekend in March. We had an awesome time with our 22 teens! Lives were changed, decisions were made to follow Christ, teens boldly shared their faith and I was blown away by how awesome every one of these teens were! I know the Lord will use each one of them in a mighty way.

  • My father-in-law had surgery for cancer on April 2. The surgeon felt he got excellent margins and that the cancer has been completely removed. Thank you, Lord! He has since had a few setbacks and had a second hospital stay which was longer than the original stay, but he came home today, and there is no sign of infection. Again, praise the Lord!

  • Joseph turned 10(!!!) on April 10. I cannot believe that my son is in double digits! He had a friend spend the night and we had a nice family party since Papa was back in the hospital and things were a little crazy.

  • Easter Sunday was wonderful! I am so thankful for the gift of redemption from my heavenly Father! What a special day to celebrate as His child. It is always very humbling to think about the unbelievable sacrifce He made for me and you. Glory be to God. May my life truly show the grace I have been given.
Somewhere in there, I turned another year older! :o) Life just keeps moving on. I feel so blessed. Through everything that has happened, Jason and I have stayed connected as a team and we know that the Lord has brought us even closer as a couple. Intimacy is such a beautiful and miraculous gift from the Lord.

So even when I have felt that I cannot go on one more day, the Lord has strengthened me and has made me soar as an eagle! (Isaiah 40:28-31) He has been here every step of the way and I cannot imagine my life without Him. I love You, Lord!!!

Blessings,
~ Marcia ~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my girl! You are truly an extra special mom, friend, and daughter-in-law. I am so proud to call you my own. You go girl!! Love mom

Wendy Blight said...

Marcia,

Thank you for stopping by my blog today!! I enjoyed your blog and learned so much about you in just one post.

Enjoy this precious time with yoru children. I have an almost sixth grader (as he reminds me every day) and an almost 11th grader!! How I miss those days when they were little...mostly because I had them with me all the time. Now they are off doing sports and playing with friends. I SO treasure the time we do get because is wanes as the years go by!!

I loved hearing about your "great adventure!"

Blessings,

Wendy