Thursday, September 3, 2009

Join us for a celebration!

Printed on green and brown construction paper:

Please join us
as we celebrate
Jacob's
Lagoon Miracle
on Thursday, September 3
at 5:00pm
at the kitchen table
(Please wear green or brown)

The invitations were handed out to grandma and grandpa downstairs in their apartment yesterday. Today marks the 3 year anniversary since Jacob fell into the lagoon and was saved. God is so good, I cannot help but praise His name every time I think about this day. For those of you who may have never heard Jacob's story, I invite you to read it HERE. This is my blog entry from 2008, but I included the account that I had written to share with some online friends within days of the accident. I remember how raw my emotions still were and how thinking of the worse case scenario made me catch my breath.

We are also celebrating Jacob's 1 year SPIRITUAL birthday at this time too. September is a special month for Jake. God has been faithful to call Jacob and to begin preparing him for the work He has laid before him. We do not know where this road will lead, but we are excited to see day by day where the Lord is taking him.

"I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.

He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD."

- Psalm 40:1-3

So in 2009, this time has come again and this year, we are celebrating the baptism of Jacob which happened this past Sunday afternoon! Praise the Lord!!! What a privilege for a daddy to baptize his son. God is good...all the time!

Don't you think the picture says it all?


Blessings,
~ Marcia ~

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

Marcia, what an amazing story! I am so glad that you are using this almost-tragedy to celebrating the life God gave him. I am sure that Jacob will carry the lessons you have all learned from this for the rest of his life. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful evening celebrating!

Wendy Blight said...

Marcia, how beautiful to take tragedy and turn it into a celebration of life. What a wonderful picture!!

Psalm 40:1-3 is my life verse, and I carry it with me every day for God has etched it into the recesses of my heart. He is FAITHFUL and GOOD no matter what comes our way to REDEEM, RESTORE, and GLORIFY HIS NAME!!

Blessings to you,

Wendy

Autumn said...

Wow! I have tears. So amazing. Praise Jesus on all accounts!