Monday, August 19, 2013

We survive...and we thrive

Today was Day 1 of our full curriculum and I am pretty wiped out as I write this. *grin* I think it was a good day all-around, but I just need to relax and remember that the first couple of weeks are always a time of adjustment. It's time to figure out how to layer subjects with each of the boys so that they each have the time they need with me. Jake and Jesse still need lots of guidance, reading, questioning, and instructing. Joseph, on the other hand, needs less reading (no more read-alouds! *sad*) but still needs lots of guidance and discussion time with me as we talk about what he is reading, current events, biology, and many other exciting things. Sometimes, during the first few weeks, I feel pulled in so many directions! Even still, I love that I have this time with the boys. I know I will miss it when it is over. And I am very thankful for a husband that reminds me that it is only the first day, that we will find our rhythm, and that it's okay that our first day went until 5:30pm. Oh my!

So I thought I would keep things pretty short today, but wanted to add a few pictures from this year's BOX DAY. I think you will find that the boys have changed a lot from the last box day photos I blogged.





I can hardly believe these are the same little men from back in August of 2008.They still make my heart melt, and while they may not be quite as excited about getting new books, they still indulge this camera-clicking momma.

Even with the long hours today, it felt so good to be back to school and know that I was not alone. Jesus was right there with me. Perspective is an amazing thing. I am even excited now to face tomorrow, because I know Jesus will be there too.

Blessings,
Marcia

1 comment:

Luke Holzmann said...

Happy Box Day, and may you find a daily rhythm that is sustainable.

~Luke