Friday, February 22, 2008

A BIG day in our school year

Today marks the halfway point for us this school year!

Yeah, I know we are way behind everyone else, but that is one of the awesome things about home schooling - being able to work at our own pace. So here we are at the end of week 18 and I am very proud of my young men. J#1 is halfway through 3rd grade, J#2 is halfway through Kindergarten, and J#3 is just along for the ride.

We've had some major changes in our lives since the beginning of the school year in August 2007.
  • We did some remodeling in our kitchen, main bathroom, and living room in July and on into August.
  • Grandparents from California came to visit in September so we had to spend a week showing them around our great state of Missouri. Some of that was educational and some was just plain FUN!
  • Grandparents from Kansas officially moved into our home to be part of our family unit here so there were lots of changes within the walls of our home. What a blessing Nana and Papa are to us!
  • Then of course there are the sick days that must be taken when either a boy or a momma is down for the count.
I can see the light at the end of 3rd grade now, and that is very exciting! I think we will celebrate tonight with cookies or cupcakes!

No comments: