Thursday, February 21, 2008

Cat Litter Casserole???

Yesterday afternoon my 8yo son asked me what I was making for dinner. When I told him what was on the menu, he showed me a recipe for "Cat Litter Casserole" and asked if we could make it for dinner. I had all of the ingredients and so I decided to go with his idea...even though it really grossed me out!

So we headed upstairs to make dinner. We mixed a pound of ground beef with 1 cup of bisquick and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese along with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Then we formed them into small cat...er...uh...dumps of varying lengths and placed them on a cookie sheet. We baked them at 350 for about 20min until they were cooked through. Meanwhile, we made a pot of long grain rice with some salt and butter. Then we poured the rice into a 9x13 pan and carefully buried the dumps in the litter. Some of them we left sticking out. This looked so close to the "real" cat box we have downstairs, it was actually scary!

My 5yo son was very bothered by the thought of eating cat poop so my mother-in-law told him it was just "extruded hamburger." That he was okay with eating! He even asked for seconds of "extruded hamburger!"

So it was a real dinner adventure last night so I decided to share. Here is the picture:

Enjoy! It was a real hit at our house.

~ Marcia

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Ha-ha!! I asked my son if he would like to try this (he's almost 9) and he thought it was funny. We wrote the recipe down and we're going to be brave and eat this cat litter casserole. Gotta have fun with supper sometimes, huh?