Thursday, March 6, 2008

I'm joining Lysa's recipe swap!

Tonight I was reading Lysa TerKeurst's blog and she seems to be a recipe slump. I know as moms we get tired of feeding the same thing to our clan over and over again, but sometimes it just happens. I think recipe slump is rampant in the winter especially. The sad and wilting produce does nothing to inspire my creative cooking skills. How about you?

Knowing that my recipe box could use a face lift, I decided to join her recipe swap and I would encourage you to take a peek at Lysa's blog as well as follow the Mr Linky to some other great inspiration as well.

So without further hesitation, here is my contribution:

I found this recipe at Menus 4 Moms and it was a hit with my family full of hungry boys. We like to add chunks of fully cooked ham for a hearty soup.

Hash Brown Soup
1 sauteed onion
3 cans chicken broth (or water and bullion equivalent)
1 large bag frozen hash browns (cubes or shreds)
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 to 1 pound Velveeta cheese, depending on taste

Combine sauteed onion and broth, bring to a boil. Add hash browns, bring to boil. Add soups (don't dilute) and milk, bring to boil. Add cheese. Heat until cheese melts. Optional: serve with bacon bits on top.

And for the daring...take a peek at my post about Cat Litter Casserole down below and have a little fun with your kids! The pictures just gross me out but the casserole was very good.

Blessings,
Marcia

8 comments:

Wifeof1Momof4 said...

MMMMMM, I will try this reciepe this weekend. It is still cold here! Thank you!

Sherry said...

This sounds delicious... and I think my kids will get a big kick out of the cat litter casserole. Thanks for sharing and thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

This sounds like a great one for the kids! Thanks!
In His Graces~Pamela

Pam said...

This soup sounds so yummy.

I definitely want to make the cat litter casserole, too, just to see the reaction of my kids. They will go nuts over this!

Thanks for sharing in the fun!

BethAnne said...

This sounds wonderful - thanks!!

Roo said...

This sounds like a yummy recipe! You can keep the cat litter...heheh.

Sandy said...

This sounds like the perfect recipe for our snowy cold weather, sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend!

Amy L Brooke said...

Thanks for entering my contest! Check back on Tuesday!

Your soup does sound good. It is one I will have to try.

Your kids look adoreable!

Have a great Sunday.