
No, it's not the new phone book. It's not the Netflix movie we've been waiting for. It's not even the shipment of ANTS our 6 year old is waiting to put in the ant farm he received for Christmas! It's even more awesome than those!
It's the brand spanking new, hot-off-the-press Sonlight Curriculum catalog! Yup. I bet you can't believe it either. And I'm fairly sure that this is a phenomenon that only occurs with Sonlight users. It's just something that happens to us. I can't really explain it other than to say that I love to get the new catalog!
Every March, it seems that I begin to get "the itch" for new curriculum. It's usually when I can see we're on the downhill side of the school year and there are not many books remaining that we haven't read. *sniff* I guess I just get eager to look ahead to what awaits us in the coming fall. To see what new gems that Sonlight has added to their wonderful literature-based curriculum. I have been waiting to receive mine since they were shipped on March 17th!
So today we had a houseful of friends stopping by...my sister-in-law and her 2 girls were here to play, some dear friends from church came by to let me hold their 4 day old baby boy *sweet sigh*, and a friend who is having Jason perform her wedding ceremony in two weeks dropped off wording for the service. In the midst of all this visiting, the mail person arrived with MY CATALOG!!! Ack! I wanted to shove it under my shirt, grab a cup of coffee, and run to my bedroom to pour over it! Nevertheless...I...must...resist!
So it stayed UNOPENED on the china hutch until everyone had left and as I started dinner preparations, I poured myself a glass of cranberry juice and sat down to glance through it. So much for dinner! Just kidding.
It's now 9:45pm and the kids are in bed and my catalog is still sitting open on the table beside me. I will probably carry it with me everywhere I go over the coming days...maybe even weeks! Pretty pathetic, huh?
I guess it just comes from loving the home school curriculum that we are using. Joe has loved everything about the books we read together and as a home schooling mom, I can't complain about that. I am truly thankful to Sonlight for working so hard to make such a wonderful biblically based, literature rich, user-friendly, high quality, library building, home school curriculum. Thank you, Sonlight!
Now back to my catalog!
~ Marcia ~
No comments:
Post a Comment