Thursday, April 3, 2008

A gift from the Lord...

This week we received a gift from the Lord...and it came from a friend!

Jason has been wanting to buy me some "new to us" furniture for our living room for quite a while. We had bought new living room furniture when we were first married about 13 years ago and it held up very well; but after the kids arrived it really took a beating. A year and a half ago, we were given a couch and chair that matched but was really NOT in a color scheme I preferred (gold, brown, and orange), but I was thankful.

Fast-forward to last week when a friend of ours who is getting married and moving out of state this weekend asked if we would like her couch and chaise lounge. I couldn't remember exactly what it looked like, but I knew it was newer and in a more neutral color so I said, "Sure!" She called a few days later and asked if we wanted her TV, TV table, and the coffee table. Again, I said, "Sure!"

So on Monday Jason and his dad went to pick up the furniture (in the rain!) and we emptied out our living room. I was so excited! The couch and chair are in a dark brown microsuede and, along with the TV table and coffee table, have a very Moroccan feel. Jason gave me permission to pick out some new window treatments, a rug, and some throw pillows so off mom and I went to shop.

After everything was finished, the room is beautiful! I am so pleased. We plan to paint the walls a warm butterscotch color sometime in the future, but we weren't prepared to do that on Monday.

My heart is so full of thankfulness! Furniture is a big expense and right now (5 of us plus grandma and grandpa) it is a luxury we cannot afford. But the Lord knew my heart and He blessed me even though I fail Him so many times.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

Thank you, Father, for using Lindsey to show your love for us.

(I would snap a picture of the room to show you, but Jason is asleep on the chaise at the moment!)

~ Marcia ~

No comments: