Friday, April 4, 2008

I hate exercise!



Exercising is one of my least favorite pastimes! But I know I need to do it--for my physical health, but also for my mental health. When I exercise, I feel better. I hate that it makes me feel better! Ugh!

So...when my friend Christina asked me Sunday if I wanted to meet her at the YMCA at 6:00am this week, I immediately said, "NO!" because I don't want to do it, but I followed up with, "...but I will."

I took Monday off because that is Jason's day off and we try not to schedule much outside of family on Mondays. But Christina and I met on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday and we walked on the treadmills as we chatted about life. It sure made the time go by faster and I will even admit that I had fun! At six in the morning, I had fun! That is a miracle.


I'm so glad Christina asked me to join her. Isn't that what friends are for? Don't friends help make some of the mundane things in life more bearable--like talking on the phone while you sort 12 loads of laundry?


"If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" Ecclesiastes 4:10


Thank you, Lord, for all the wonderful friends you have placed in my life, and thank you, Lord, for exercise that helps my body and my mind.

Thanks, Christina!

~ Marcia ~

No comments: