We are doing well. We finished week 16 this week. I feel so far behind, but I know that we are moving at a good pace considering some of our interruptions this school year. I am so proud of both Joe and Jake for working so hard. So we go until the end of June...we're homeschooled! We can do that if we want to. Praise the Lord!
Joe and I will finish Johnny Tremain this next week. I will be so sad when it is over. We have truly enjoyed this read-aloud together. Everyday as I get to the end of our assigned reading, Joe always says, "More...don't stop, Mom!" Makes my heart happy. I know I will be glad to go back through this one again with Jake and Jesse.
Jake is doing so well with his reading! It is definitely a challenge for him, but I am proud of how he has stepped up to the challenge and worked hard to sound out each of the harder words. He gets big hugs for his reading!
Jesse moves all over the house now with his walker...often times without his walker! He does not let his cast slow him down at all. The heel pain had subsided for a time, but it appears to be back again this week. It has woken him up about four mornings this week. Poor baby! I know it is just a charlie horse type cramp, but I can imagine that it is very painful. The ibuprofen seems to be helping. I think I will try to increase his calcium and potassium intake this week (think bananas and yogurt) and see if that helps. I think we are down to "20 more sleeps" before he gets his cast off. And the ITCHINESS has begun!!! Tonight before bed, he was sitting in the living room with a long knitting needle down his cast scratching the back of his leg. It's so pathetic to watch. He wiggles and whines and shakes that cast everywhere! We gave him a dose of benedryl syrup tonight to help him sleep. We are certainly are counting down the days!
So that is our update for now. I can't believe that January is over. There it went. Here comes February.
Blessings,
~ Marcia ~
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love that your son enjoys reading so much! What a joy! I bet it's pretty awesome to be the one who is teaching him to read & then seeing the excitement. Sounds like you're doing a phenomenal job!
(((HUGS)))
Post a Comment