Monday, March 24, 2008

What???



My husband and father-in-law went to the grocery store with my youngest son Jesse. As they were walking through the parking lot, Jesse asked, "Why is that man on a toilet?" Huh? What is he talking about? "Why is that blue man on a toilet?"

It took them a few seconds before they realized that he was talking about the handicap sign painted on the parking space. They chuckled as they explained to him that it was a wheelchair and not a toilet.

Isn't it interesting how children just see things through totally different eyes sometimes?

I was reminded of this as I was talking with my boys about Easter and the resurrection of Jesus this past weekend. They are such precious sponges! I want them to know all about my Savior and Lord! I want them to love Him with their whole hearts. To desire to share His love with everyone. I want them to always see Him with totally different and trusting eyes than we as adults. May they never lose the wonder they feel when they think of the miracle of Easter!

Deuteronomy 11:18-20 says, "Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates."

As a parent, this is my highest calling!

~ Marcia ~

1 comment:

Roo said...

ROFL. I told this to DH and he just laughed...LOL.

~Rachel