My eldest son had his best friend over to spend the night last night and to keep things simple, we picked up some Little Caesar's pizzas for dinner. Ok, confession time. We planned to grill but I got busy playing mahjong and, as you can probably guess, Jason was playing with his new phone so we took the easy way out for dinner.
After dinner, I looked up and said, "Joe, I don't think Austin has ever played Two Hairs Fighting."
Joe says, "Nope, and I haven't either."
Perfect.
It was time to initiate our son. Now, mind you, my parents played this "game" with my sister and I when we were about Joe's age and so I figured since we weren't emotionally scared for life, it would be fun to pass on the tradition.
Here's what happens. You need a pan of water, two willing participants and each one needs to remove 1 hair from their head. You need one person to act as referee and it's best when you have people cheering on each contestant.
Well, here...just watch.
Thanks, Mom and Dad, for the traditions and memories that we have the privilege to pass on to our own children!
Blessings,
~ Marcia ~
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
HA! That video is funny.
Hey marcie, how are you?!
You are doing such a great job on your blog. I laugh at each story that you write Marcia, because I can just picture it all. I love the movies that you are putting in. I will have to have Bethany show me how to set up a blog, maybe!! Love Mom
(From Tisha) Hey Marci! I was reading Bethany's blog and saw you listed as her friend. I haven't talked to you for so long but I've been thinking of you! We just had our third boy! Lowen Daniel. I have a pic to send to you of him but I don't know if I have your current address and phone#.
Ok, you did not do grandma's two hairs fighting thing... You might not have been scared for life but I was! I tried to watch the video but it wasn't working at the time. Anyway, Luv you lots call me. Tisha
Oh, Marcia, I HAVE to try this w/ Adam and his buddy...hah. That was soooooooooooo funny!
Post a Comment