Friday, May 9, 2008

Mother's Day...


It is hard to believe, but I am celebrating my 10th Mother's Day this year! Each one has been celebrated in a special and unique way, and each one is sweeter than the last. Some were quiet and reflective and some were full of sounds and movement. This one will probably prove to be a bit of both.

I am so thankful for my boys and I am so glad to be given the gift of being their mother. It felt like years before we found out we were expecting Joseph. In reality, it had only been nine months, but during that time, the Lord and I had to work some things out.

Me: Lord, you know how much my heart desires a child.

Lord: Yes, I know the desires of your heart. But do you trust Me?

Me: Of course I trust You, but I know this is the best time and I have it all planned out and...

Lord: My child, I see the beginning from the end and I know exactly what you need and what you can handle. My plan is perfect. Do you trust Me?

Me: Yes...but...

Lord: No buts. If My perfect plan does not include children from your womb, will you still trust Me? Will you still love Me?

Me: (with tears of surrender) Yes, Lord, I will trust You and Your plan even if I will never carry a child. I will yield to Your plan. Help me, Father, to trust You! I surrender it all.

I remember that night clearly so many years ago. I remember the hymn I sang that solidified my decision to trust and love my heavenly Father even if I never received my heart's desire. I was given the peace that passes all understanding and I quieted my heart before Him.

For Those Tears I Died

You said you'd come and share all my sorrows
You said you'd be there for all my tomorrows
I came so close to sending you away,
But just like you promised, you came here to stay
I just had to pray

And Jesus said
"Come to the water, stand by my side
I know you are thirsty, you won't be denied
I felt every tear drop, when in darkness you
cried, and I strove to remind you,
It's for those tears I died"

Your goodness so great, I can't understand it
And dear Lord I know now that all this was planned
I know You're here now and always will be
Your love loosened my chains, and in You I'm free
But Jesus why me?

Jesus I give You, my heart and my soul
I know now without God, I'll never be whole
Savior, You opened all the right doors
And I thank You and praise You from earth's humble shores
Take me I'm Yours.

The journey to conceive Jacob was even longer and I had to go back to the altar I made and lay my plans down again and surrender my will to Him. In His perfect timing, He gave us Jacob and then without even expecting it, we were given the gift of Jesse! His plan did not follow my blueprint, but I would not change a day of it now. Every moment was a blessing!

Thank you, Lord, for my journey to Motherhood. I thank you for every bump in the road, for every storm along the way, and especially for giving me the strength to surrender my will and accept Yours. Your plan has been more incredible than I could ever imagine! I love You, Lord!
"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD." 1 Samuel 1:27,28a

With a Thankful Heart,
~ Marcia ~

1 comment:

Roo said...

That conversation with God rings so familiar! PTL that you have the family you always wanted! May God continue to bless you.